You’ve probably been thinking about what you want to do with your camper van. Maybe you’re looking at an old one that’s sitting in the garage, or maybe you’ve already bought one and are ready to hit the road. Either way, it can be a lot of fun and also a challenge! Here are some tips on how to make sure your dream camper becomes a reality:
Determine how you will use your camper
Before you start shopping for a camper, it’s important to figure out how and where you will use your new vehicle. Do you want a camper that is mainly used for camping? Or will the camper be used for other purposes as well? How much space do you need? How much weight can the vehicle carry? These are all questions that should be answered before purchasing a new RV or camper.
Plan the space in the van to fit your needs
Once you have decided on the type of camper van and have purchased it, the next step is to plan out your space. Space planning is an important part of any interior design project because it helps you figure out how much space will be available for each need.
Choose your flooring, kitchen cabinets, and other interior details
- Choose your flooring. You want to make sure that you choose durable and easy-to-clean flooring for your camper. Tile, vinyl, or hardwood is a popular choice because it’s easy to clean up after messy kids and pets.
- Other interior details: Make sure there are plenty of places where kids can sit comfortably without getting hurt by sharp corners or edges
Decide on ventilation, electric, and gas systems
- Ventilation: Will your camper need a ventilation system? If so, consider the size of the area and whether or not it will be used in high-humidity environments.
- Electrics: What kind of electrical system do you want in your camper? Do you have access to power nearby and would prefer solar panels over generators? Or do generators work best for your location?
- Gas systems: Will propane-fueled appliances be necessary to heat water or cook food while camping away from home?
Use these steps to create a camper van that works for you
We’re going to walk you through the process of VW conversions that works for you.
- Write down your goals and aspirations.
- Look for ideas from other vans (Pinterest is great for this!).
- Determine which features are most important to you and why they are so.
- Take stock of what space and resources are available to build with; this will help determine how much time or money needs to go into each project.
We hope this blog post has helped you begin your journey toward designing your dream camper van. If your dream is to travel with your family or friends, a camper van may be the best choice for you.