If you are someone who wants to gain weight and muscle mass in a healthy way, then it is a long way for you. Mass gainer is a high calorie fitness supplement that provides you the right balance of all essential nutrients as well as extra calories for you to put on weight without adding extra fat to your body. Keep in mind that a mass gainer should be had in amalgamation with a healthy diet and optimal workout routine to see best results.
Mass gainer vs. whey protein
The hottest debate in the fitness world is mass gainer vs. whey protein – which one is better? We cannot say one is better than the other because both these fitness supplements have individual characteristics and benefits. If you want to gain weight, then adding a premium quality mass gainer to your routine is recommended. But if you want to build strength, improve your athletic performance and stamina, then you should consider including a whey protein supplement in your routine.
You should ask your trainer to know the difference of mass gainer vs. whey protein and which out of these two would be suitable for you.
5 dessert recipes with the goodness of GNC mass gainer powder
GNC mass gainer supplements are known for their amazing quality. They are super versatile and have an amazing taste, so you either have a mass gainer shake, blend it with fruits and yogurt to make a delicious smoothie, or add these mass gainer supplements to dessert recipes like – waffles, pancakes, protein bars etc.
Try these 5 easy and quick to make recipes enriched with the goodness of mass gainer powder.
- Peanut butter cups
Peanut butter cups are a classic treat that everyone loves. You can have them as desserts or even as a post workout snack. You can try this easy recipe and make peanut butter cups with the power and benefits of GNC mass gainer at home. You can replace the mass gainer with a whey protein if that’s the supplement you have included in your fitness journey.
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 scoops chocolate mass gainer powder
- 1 tsp coconut oil (or any other oil of choice)
- Line the muffin tray with paper cups and keep it aside.
- In a small bowl mix together the ass gainer powder and peanut butter until smooth,
- Put chocolate chips and coconut oil in a bowl and microwave it for 30 seconds or until melted.
- Add the melted chocolate mixture in the paper cups and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Put the peanut butter mix on top of the chocolate layer. Add another layer of chocolate and refrigerate again for 30 minutes.
- Store in the refrigerator and enjoy this wholesome dessert.
- Banana delight pudding
The word pudding is synonymous with happiness. But when you want to eat healthy and clean so that you get the benefits but not the extra calories in the form of sugar and cream, then this is a great recipe. It is perfect for the holiday season and your guests would not know that you have given a healthy twist of a mass gainer to this recipe.
- 1 banana
- ½ ripe avocado
- 2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp honey or any other sweetener of choice
- 2 scoops GNC mass gainer powder
- ½ cup milk of choice (any plant or dairy based milk)
- Few drops vanilla essence
- Peel the banana and avocado and mash them until smooth.
- Combine all the ingredients in a high speed blender jar and add banana and avocado mixture as well. Blend for 45 seconds or until you get a smooth consistency.
- Transfer to small bowls, allow to sit in refrigerator for 30 minutes and serve chilled.
- Powerhouse parfaits
If you thought that parfaits are only for fancy cafés, you are mistaken. It is really simple and quick to make a parfait and it is the perfect healthy dessert to give you that sugar rush minus the guilt. Make this recipe with your favorite mass gainer or whey protein supplement for all the added benefits.
- 2 cups Greek yogurt (strawberry)
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 2 scoops mass gainer powder
- 2 tbsp low fat cereal or granola
- 2 tsp mixed nuts and seeds
- 1 tsp honey or any other sweetener
- In a bowl mix the yogurt, mass gainer powder, honey, and orange zest until smooth and creamy.
- In small glasses add this mixture, top it with nuts and granola and then add another layer of yogurt mixture.
- Refrigerate for about an hour and serve chilled!
- Strawberry fluff
Berries are packed with antioxidants that prevent damage caused by free radicals. In the season of strawberries, you should definitely give this recipe a try. So quick and easy to make, you can have it as dessert or even as a healthy snack. Add whey protein or mass gainer powder of your favorite flavor – vanilla or strawberry and enjoy this delicious goodness.
- 1 cup strawberries
- 2 scoops GNC mass gainer powder
- 1 tsp xantham gum
- ½ cup milk of choice (any plant based or dairy based milk)
- Blend the strawberries and milk in a blender until smooth and slushy.
- Add mass gainer powder and xantham gum and blend again for a few seconds.
- Transfer to small bowls, garnish with chopped strawberries and enjoy!
- Rice Krispie Treats
Rice krispies are such a cult favorite of children and even adults. What if we told you that you could easily make them at home and that too enriched with the goodness of mass gainer powder? Try this simple recipe. Be careful to make a huge batch because you’ll love them!
- 5 cups rice puffs
- 2 scoops vanilla mass gainer powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- Spray a baking tray with cooking spray and keep it aside.
- In a non-stick pan add olive oil, rice puffs, and vanilla extract.
- Turn off the heat and mix in mass gainer powder and honey.
- Add the mixture to the baking tray. Refrigerate for an hour.
- Cut into small bars and enjoy!