Coating your car is a popular way to protect its paint and enhance its shine. But how does it benefit you? Several environmental factors are responsible for damaging the outer coating of your vehicle. It can affect the factory paint severely. Thus, you must take some preventive measures to improve the look of your car. It also makes your vehicle more efficient. This post entails the benefits of two types of car coating and their benefits.
What Is the Importance of Coating Your Car?
You must consider using the best cleaning products for cars to maintain their condition. For something so expensive, you must look after its upkeep. Therefore, coating the car is one of the ways to protect its exterior from damaging factors. The paint coatings help resist dust and dirt better than conventional products.
Using ceramic spray coating can help to keep the vehicle’s exterior clean for a longer time and maintain its shine. It will also enable you to clean or wash the dirt from the car’s surface without scrubbing. These coatings are comparatively harder than the car’s clear coat. It helps to protect the paint against hard water spots, UV damage, bird droppings, etc., associated with daily commuting.
Ceramic or Teflon car coatings are more chemically resistant than conventional car protection methods. They can withstand the harsh environmental hazards that can damage the car paint severely. It also restores the shine and gloss, making your car look as good as new. It enables you to maintain the vehicle easily and enhance its efficiency.
What Is Ceramic Coating?
Coating your car with ceramic is one of the best ways to protect the car’s exterior. This is a type of clear coat or paints that one may apply on the car’s surface. It offers good protection from UV rays, weather, bird droppings, dirt, dust, etc.
Moreover, the ceramic coating also makes your car’s surface glossy and shiny. When you add this coating to your car’s exterior, it can last for about 2 to 5 years with proper maintenance. You may apply it yourself or with the help of a professional.
Benefits of Ceramic Coating
There are several benefits of applying ceramic coating on your vehicle’s surface:
- Enhances the Shine of the Car Paint: The clear, hard, and shiny ceramic coat enhances the shine intensely. Depending on coating type and maintenance, this coating is durable and may last about five years.
- Scratch and Swirl Marks Resistant: Coating your car with ceramic adds a hard protective layer over the surface. It protects the surface against swirls and scratches while keeping it shiny and smooth.
- UV Resistant: The harsh UV rays of the sun oxidise the paint causing it to fade. The ceramic coating prevents it by adding a protective layer between the paint and the UV rays. It doe not oxidise and, thus, prevents your car paint from fading.
- Water Repellent: The ceramic coating is also hydrophobic. This characteristic helps the water bead to slide off the cars without producing swirl marks.
What is Teflon Coating?
Teflon coating is another way of coating your car. It is mainly a synthetic fluoropolymer substance that bonds with the vehicle’s paint forming a protective layer over it. This layer offers better protection from scratches, accumulation of dirt and dust, etc. Overall, this type of car coating is extremely beneficial for maintaining the shine of your automobile that lasts longer.
Advantages of Teflon Coating
- Prevention of scratches: It prevents the accumulation of dirt on the surface that may cause scratches.
- Makes the surface hydrophobic: Accumulated water on the car paint does not cause swirl marks due to its hydrophobic nature.
- Scratch removal: It can effectively remove minor scratches from the car’s surface.
- Shine lasts longer: Teflon coating adds shine and protects the car’s outer surface from various damages.
Difference between Ceramic Coating and Teflon Coating
While ceramic and Teflon protect the vehicle’s paint and maintains the shine, there are major differences between the two.
Coating your car with ceramic will last longer for up to five to seven years with proper maintenance. After this time period, it could show some signs of wear. However, Teflon coating will last for only a year. Ceramic coating is more durable because it comprises small molecules that go deep down between the car’s paint molecules.
Teflon coating protects against minor scratches, rust, and dirt while inducing hydrophobicity. It helps to enhance the overall shine of your automobile. Ceramic coatings provide the same benefits, but their effects are better and of high quality. Additionally, ceramic coating your car will protect it from harsh UV rays and prevent paint oxidation.
Teflon coatings may seem to be a cheaper option, but it only lasts for about a year. So, you may have to visit a professional car care shop to restore it. This may cost you even more. On the contrary, ceramic coatings are expensive but last for a long time. So, it’s value for your money. With proper maintenance, ceramic coating can offer better protection and last longer.
Coating your car is a great idea to protect its surface and enhance its performance. A clean car coat enables the vehicle to cut through the air smoothly and increase efficiency. At Carorbis, they offer authentic anti-rust car coating products for cars. Their products are affordable and branded by popular manufacturers.