Windows 7 Pro is a great operating system that has a lot to offer. However, it’s not without its problems. Thanks to the proliferation of pirated software, many people are unable to use Windows 7 Pro the way it was intended. If you want to activate your copy of Windows 7 Pro and enjoy all its features, you’ll need to find the windows 7 pro key.
This key is located in two places: on your product key sticker or on the license agreement that came with your software. Whether you have a retail or OEM copy of Windows 7 Pro, finding the window 7 pro key is essential for activating your copy and enjoying all its features.
What Is a Windows 7 Pro Key
Windows 7 Pro is a special version of Windows that comes with many advanced features. To activate it, you need a Pro key. You can find the pro key on the product activation screen when you first install Windows 7. If you upgraded from a previous version of Windows, you may not have a Pro key. In that case, you can upgrade to Windows 7 Pro and get a pro key automatically.
How to Find Your Windows 7 Pro Key
To find your Windows 7 Pro key, open the Start Menu and type “regedit” (without the quotation marks). When the registry editor window opens, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon. In the Winlogon subkey, look for a value called “ProductID”. This is your Windows 7 Pro key.
How to Activate Your Windows 7 Pro Key
If you are using a Genuine Windows 7 Professional key, activation can be done through the Microsoft Activation Services (MAS) web portal. You will need to have access to the Internet and to an active Microsoft account.
To activate your Windows 7 Professional key:
1. Open the Microsoft Activation Services (MAS) web portal at https://mylegitkeys.com/product/microsoft-windows-7-professional-product-key
2. Log in with your registered Microsoft account credentials.
3. Click Activate This PC on the left side of the screen.
4. On the Activate This PC page that opens, select Your Product Key from the list of product keys on the right side of the screen and type in your Windows 7 Professional product key (found on a sticker on your system or inside the packaging).
5. Click Activate to begin activation process, which may take up to 10 minutes depending on how many activations are currently pending for your product key and server load conditions.
6. After activation is complete, you will be returned to the main MAS web portal screen where you can see information about your activated product, such as its edition and serial number, and use it to manage updates and services.
Where to Purchase a Legitimate Product Key for Windows 7 Pro
If you need to find a legitimate product key for Windows 7 Pro, there are a few places you can go. Microsoft provides a product keyfinder tool on its website that can help you locate the product key for your specific edition of Windows 7. You can also purchase a copy of the Windows 7 Professional installation media from most retailers and use the Media Creation Tool included on the disc to create a bootable USB drive with the required installation files.
How to Tell if a Product Key Is Legitimate
1. If the product key was provided to you by the manufacturer or distributor of the software, it is most likely legitimate.
2. If you obtained the key from a third party, such as a retail store, be sure to verify that the key is genuine by checking with Microsoft or the vendor of the software.
3. Use the Windows 10 activation tool to test whether your product key is valid and activate your copy of Windows
What to Do if You Can’t Find Your Windows 7 Pro Key
If you can’t find your Windows 7 pro key, there are a few things you can do.
1. Try looking online. There may be a digital copy of your key floating around the internet.
2. If that fails, try reinstalling Windows 7. You can use the OEM recovery media to restore your computer to factory condition and then retrieve your key from the installation files.
3. If all else fails, contact Microsoft support for assistance locating your pro key or purchase a new copy of Windows
Windows 7 Pro can be tricky to find, especially if you don’t have a product key handy. Here are three ways to find the windows 7 pro key:
1) Run Windows Start Menu and type “Regedit” (without the quotes), hit Enter.
2) In the Open File dialog box that appears, type “regedit” (without the quotes), and then click OK.
3) Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Explorer and double-click on “Edition”. On the right side of this window, under “Path”, you’ll see a value called ProductKey. This is your windows 7 pro product key.