You and your best friend have been Snapchatting each other every day for so long, you’ve lost count. In fact, you’re pretty sure you’ve got the longest streak going. But who really has the record?
We decided to do some digging and uncovered some pretty surprising (and impressive) streaks. Whether you’re in it to win it or just looking to break your own personal record, read on for the longest Snapchat streak of all time.
The Origins of Snapchat Streaks
Snapchat streaks are a fun way to keep in touch with your friends. But do you know how they started?
It all began back in 2013, when Snapchat first introduced the concept of streaks. Streaks are simple: they’re a tally of how many consecutive days you’ve sent a Snapchat message to a particular friend. The longer the streak, the better.
At the time, the longest streak was held by a user who had sent messages to their friend for over 809 consecutive days! But that record has since been beaten—and there’s still plenty of competition to take the crown.
What Is the Longest Snapchat Streak?
You’ve probably seen your friends post about their Snapchat streaks, and you may be wondering what they’re all about. A Snapchat streak is a tally of consecutive days that you have Snapchat messaged with someone. The longest Snapchat streak currently stands at over 4,000 days!
How do you get a Snapchat streak?
It’s actually quite simple. All you have to do is send a message to the same person every day for more than three days in a row. If you miss a day, the streak resets to zero.
So, what are the benefits of having a Snapchat streak? Well, for one, it’s a fun way to keep track of your conversations with your friends. And it can also be a way to motivate yourself to stay in touch with people.
Do you have any tips for maintaining a long Snapchat streak? Share them in the comments below!
How to Achieve a Long Streak on Snapchat
In order to achieve the longest Snapchat streak, you need to put in a little bit of effort. Here are three tips that will help you get there:
- Be Social: The key to any long streak is communication. Make sure you’re regularly sending snaps to your friends and keeping the conversation going.
- Be Consistent: A streak is only as strong as its weakest link. If you only send a snap once every few days, your streak will be short-lived. Try to snap at least once a day to keep the momentum going.
- Have Fun: The most important part of any social media platform is having fun! Make sure your snaps are interesting and engaging, and you’ll keep your friends (and your streak) happy.
Popular Snapchat Streak Challenges
Now that you know what a Snapchat streak is, you might be wondering how people keep them going. Well, there are actually a few different ways.
One popular way is to have a “streak challenge.” This is where two people agree to keep up their streak for a certain amount of time, like a week or a month. Whoever breaks the streak first has to do something for the other person, like buy them lunch or do their laundry.
Another way people keep their streaks going is by sending snaps back and forth all day long. This can be kind of annoying for the other person, but it’s a surefire way to make sure your streak stays alive.
And finally, some people just get really lucky and manage to find someone who’s also really into Snapchat and willing to put in the effort to keep up a streak. If you can find someone like that, consider yourself lucky!
Tips for Maintaining a Long Snapchat Streak
Here are a few tech tips for maintaining a long Snapchat streak:
- First and foremost, you need to snap each other every single day. No exceptions!
- Make sure you open the snaps you receive, even if you don’t necessarily have time to reply.
- If you’re going to be out of town or without your phone for an extended period of time, let your streak partner know in advance so they don’t think you’re ghosting them.
- Try to snap back as soon as possible after receiving a snap. The longer you wait, the more likely it is that your streak will end.
So, what is the longest Snapchat streak? As of right now, the record is held by a user who has maintained a streak of over 700 days! But as with anything in life, it’s always possible for someone to come along and break that record.
In order to maintain a streak, you need to make sure you’re sending snaps to the same person on a regular basis. If you go a day or two without sending a snap, your streak will reset to zero.
So if you’re looking to set a new personal best, or just want to compete with your friends, be sure to keep snapping away!