As kids everybody loves to spin. Do you still remember the sensation you used to get after spinning? It felt as if the entire world was spinning at a very fast speed. Sometimes, you also felt that your head was spinning from inside. Luckily that sensation of dizziness didn’t last for a long time and everything went back to normal within a few seconds.
What if we tell you there is a medical condition that makes you feel the same dizziness, it is known as Vertigo. This type of dizziness is definitely not as pleasant as it used to be when we were kids.
In most cases, vertigo lasts for a very short period of time and patients come back to normalcy pretty soon. But, it doesn’t mean that it can be ignored at all. If left untreated it can become pretty dangerous for the patient because it may make the patient fall from a height or hurt themselves badly. This is why proper treatment is mandatory for vertigo.
If you are unable to find a competent ENT specialist in your town for the treatment of vertigo log on to oladoc.com today. Keep on reading to take a look at some of the major causes and symptoms of Vertigo along with their treatment.
our inner ear and certain parts of our brain are responsible for maintaining balance in our body. If something is wrong with either of these two parts of our body, we are more likely to suffer from Vertigo.
Let’s now have a look at some major causes of Vertigo.
- Movement of our head in certain positions may cause Vertigo. It is also known as Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo.
- Infection in our inner ear is one of the major causes of Vertigo.
- When our vestibular nerve gets inflamed, we may lose balance in our body
Although, a lot of ENT specialists consider Vertigo as a symptom of other diseases. Following are some of the symptoms that patient suffering from vertigo report:
- Patients feel dizzy and sleepy.
- They lose control over their body
- Everything around them starts spinning and they get hallucinations too
- They feel as if they are going to fall anytime
- In some cases of Vertigo, high temperature is also one of the symptoms
- The patient may hear ringing in the ears
- Vertigo patients sweat profusely
- Nausea is also one of the most common symptoms
- Some patients also lose their sense of hearing in one ear
ENT specialists usually diagnose Vertigo by its causes.
If Vertigo is induced by an infection of the inner ear, it is called peripheral Vertigo. If Vertigo is caused by damage to any part of the brain that controls the balance of our body, then it’s called Central Vertigo.
No matter what may be the cause of Vertigo, it is a disease that needs immediate attention and treatment. If you witness any vertigo symptoms within yourself or someone you know you should immediately consult the Best ENT specialist in Islamabad.
Several treatment methods are used by different doctors to treat vertigo.
In most cases, doctors prescribe Antihistamines to treat this condition. It is a proven fact that Antihistamines are quite helpful in treating Vertigo.
Patients are also recommended to follow certain exercise regimens for the treatment of Vertigo.
All in all, vertigo may not seem like a fatal disease so most patients pay no heed to its symptoms and leave it untreated. But it is strictly advised by doctors to never ignore any symptoms of vertigo and get the treatment as soon as possible because it may cause permanent damage if not treated timely.